This program is one of several innovative solutions offered by the Energy Efficiency Fund, an Energize CT partner, and administered by UI.
Giving Small Business a Competitive Edge
In today’s competitive environment, energy efficiency is a key element in maintaining a healthy bottom line. The Small Business Energy Advantage (SBEA) program is designed to provide cost-effective, turnkey energy-saving services for small commercial and industrial customers who do not have the time, financial resources, or in-house expertise necessary to analyze and reduce their energy usage. With support from the Fund, you now have the financial assistance and expert guidance that will enable you to determine your energy future. You can make decisions based on efficient technology that will benefit your business in the long term.
- Commercial and industrial customers with an average 12-month peak demand between 10 kilowatts (kW) and up to 200 kW.
How Does the Program Work?
- SBEA-authorized contractors work throughout the state. These licensed professionals have been selected by UI and are fully trained in how the program works. If you have not already been contacted directly by a SBEA-authorized contractor, please contact one of the contractors on our list or call 1-877-WISE-USE to start the process.
- Once UI determines that you are eligible for the program, the contractor will call you to schedule a visit.
- During the visit, the contractor will conduct an energy assessment of your facility at no cost to you. This assessment will be reviewed by UI and if accepted, the contractor will present a proposal to you. The comprehensive proposal will include all possible energy-efficiency measures, the complete costs and estimated energy savings, along with available SBEA program incentives and your financing options. Details of the current incentive structure can be found here.
- Once the paper work has been signed, your project will begin within 30 days. You have the option to pay nothing up front. The Fund’s SBEA program incentives will offset a portion of the cost of the eligible measures.
- Interest-free financing for the balance of the project is available for qualified customers. The financed amount will appear on your monthly electric bill, allowing you to make just one monthly payment for both your SBEA loan and your electric bill.
The financial incentives will help get your project completed the right way, the first time. The energy-saving benefits will continue on, year after year.
Typical energy-efficiency measures may include:
- High-performance lighting
- LED lighting
- Occupancy sensors
Energy-Efficient Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Equipment upgrades
- Programmable thermostats
- Anti-condensation door heater controls
- Evaporator fan controls
- Night covers
- Electronically commutated motors
- Air compressors
- Variable frequency drives
- Premium-efficiency motors
- Call for custom measures
Read real-life energy-efficiency success stories below.
For more information call 1-877-WISE-USE (1-877-947-3873).
Click here for the Small Business Energy Advantage program flyer (pdf).
Your Business's monthly electric bill is $0 - $250
Orange Health Care Center Gets an Energy-Efficiency Check-up
Your Business's monthly electric bill is $250 - $500
Anton-Bauer Sees the Whole Picture with Energy Savings Measures
Your Business's monthly electric bill is $500 - $1000
Bridgeport butcher shop plans to cut energy costs with new, efficient refrigeration technology
Your Business's monthly electric bill is $1001 or more
A Warehousing Habitat Illuminated by Efficiency
|Stay connected to Energize CT: