Make an Online Payment
Make a payment online any time using your Checking/Savings account, ATM/Debit Card, or Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card. Our payment processing agent charges a convenience fee for this service.
If you recently made an online payment, you may have noticed you were not charged the $3.95 or $6.50 convenience fee for processing. We were experiencing a temporary issue that resulted in no fee being charged in some cases. This has since been resolved and, going forward, any online payments made will include the convenience fee. If you'd like to make a payment without a convenience fee, consider registering for My Account and viewing some of our other payment options.
There is a convenience fee for using this service which is charged by UIs payment processing agent, Kubra. UI does not receive any revenue from the convenience fee charged by Kubra for processing payments. The fees for residential and commercial customers are listed below:
|Customer Type:||Minimum-Maximum Transaction Amount*||Convenience Fee|
* For payments greater than the maximum amounts, multiple payment transactions can be made. However, each transaction will incur a convenience fee.
- Payments made after 4:00 p.m., EST, or over the weekend will be processed on the next business day.
- Please pay your bill before the due date to avoid late payment charges or service disconnection. UI does not guarantee a payment made online will avoid late payment charges or service disconnection.
- If your service has been interrupted for non-payment, you will be charged a reconnect fee. The reconnect fee will appear on your next bill statement.
- Please note reconnects for non-payment are scheduled within 24 hours of your payment posting to your account.
- If your service has been disconnected, your main breaker must be in the "off" position in order to have your service reconnected.
- UI charges a $27.01 fee for returned payments.
- Are you on AutoPay? Please log in to MyAccount to confirm your payment. Payments made via our online payment processing agent will be applied to your account in addition to any AutoPay scheduled payments.
EZ-Pay Online Payment_Form
Your quickest and easiest option to make a payment with bank, credit, or debit card by logging into your My Account
You can pay by bank account or credit / debit card and you will need your UI account number
Did you know? You can receive a text notification when your payment posts. Text REG to 78418 to enroll in our payment alerts.*
Making a payment for a termination notice on or after the due date?
Please contact us at 800.722.5584, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
We offer a variety of other payment options including:
- Call a Customer Care Representative for free at 800.722.5584, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- By Check or Money order to The United Illuminating Company, P.O. Box 847818, Boston, MA 02284-7818
* Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to 78418 to stop receiving The United Illuminating Company Alerts at that number. See our Alerts Terms and Conditions for complete details.