Outage and Storm Assistance (24 hours a day, every day)
To report an outage or an electrical emergency and.or to receive updates on restoration, please visit our Outage Alerts page or contact us at 800-7-CALL-UI (800.722.5584).
For a life-threatening electricity emergency, please call 911.
During major storm events, you can find storm restoration updates on our Outage Map and Outage List pages, and on Twitter.
If you are a medical or life-support customer, you also should register with UI by calling 800-7-CALL-UI (800.722.5584) to ensure that we are aware of your needs as we proceed with restoration efforts
- Connecticut Department of Emergency Services & Homeland Security (CT.Gov)
- Hurricane Preparedness: Be Ready (National Hurricane Center)
- Plan & Prepare (American Red Cross)
- Hurricane Checklists (National Hurricane Survival Initiative)
- Food Safety during Power Outages(U.S. Department of Health & Human Services)
- Preparing for Winter Storms and Extreme Cold (Ready.Gov)