Moving page - top content

Start, Stop, or Transfer Service

Asset Publisher

Web Content Display (Global)

Information About Your Electric Service

At United Illuminating, we deliver safe and reliable electric service to the Connecticut community. We are proud to serve customers in these towns: Ansonia, Bridgeport, Derby, East Haven, Easton, Fairfield, Hamden, Milford, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, Shelton, Stratford, Trumbull, West Haven, and Woodbridge.

Please view our Welcome Brochure for information about your service.

Web Content Display (Global)

Items You'll Need to Have Ready

When you complete an online request to start, stop, or transfer service, please have the required information listed below on hand. Visit our support center to find answers to frequently asked questions or contact us.

Start Service: Address where electric service will be established (i.e., service address), billing address if different from the service address, service start date, Social Security Number (SSN), second form of identification (e.g., driver's license number), the name and SSN for any other persons who will be authorized to access your account, and phone number.
Transfer Service: Address of the new service location (i.e., service address), billing address if different from the new service address, date the old service will stop (i.e., move-out date), date the new service will start (i.e., move-in date), and phone number for new service location.
Stop Service: Date you wish the service to end and address (email or mail) where we can send your final bill.

Web Content Display (Global)

Additional Information

Asset Publisher

New Construction

Building a new home? Making renovations to your existing home? We can help. Have your builder or contractor use the Contractor Service Location Request form to request the new service.

Fill Out the Form

Changes to Existing Electrical Service

Need to replace, increase, or remove electrical service? If you are a contractor/owner, please complete a Contractor Service Location Request form.

Fill Out the Form

Installing or Upgrading Service

Review the requirements to establish or upgrade your electric service.

Read More

Account Security

We are committed to help prevent identity theft. When you start service with us, we require at least two forms of identification (Social Security Number, driver’s license, military ID, or passport) so that we may verify your identity. If you do not wish to provide your Social Security Number via our on-line form, we will send you a letter requesting two (2) forms of valid ID. If we do not receive two forms of valid identification or are unable to validate your identification within 15 days, your service will be disconnected.

Node: liferay-3:8080