Moving Overview

We want to make the process of starting, stopping, or transferring service in our territory simple and convenient for our customers.

We serve customers in these towns:  Ansonia, Bridgeport, Derby, East Haven, Easton, Fairfield, Hamden, Milford, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, Shelton, Stratford, Trumbull, West Haven, and Woodbridge.

When you complete an online request to start , stop or transfer service, please have the required information listed below on hand.

Please call us at 800 7 CALL UI (800.722.5584) if you have questions.

To Start Service  

Please have the following on hand when requesting service at a new location:

  • Address where electric service will be established (i.e., service address)
  • Billing address if different from the service address
  • Service start date (i.e., Move-in date--example format:  03/03/16)
  • Social Security Number (SSN)
  • Second form of identification (e.g., driver's license number)
  • Phone number
  • The name and SSN for any other persons (e.g., spouse, child) who will be authorized to access your account

We are committed to help prevent identity theft. When you start service with us, we require at least two forms of identification (Social Security Number, driver’s license, military ID, or passport) so that we may verify your identity. If you do not wish to provide your Social Security Number via our on-line form, we will send you a letter requesting two (2) forms of valid ID. If we do not receive two forms of valid identification or are unable to validate your identification within 15 days, your service will be disconnected.

To Stop Service

Please have the following on hand when requesting service to be stopped at your current location:

  • Date you wish the service to end
  • Address (email or mail) where we can send your final bill

To Transfer Service

Please have the following on hand when requesting to transfer your service from one location to another:

  • Address of the new service location (i.e., service address)
  • Billing address if different from the new service address
  • Date the old service will stop (i.e., move-out date)
  • Date the new service will start (i.e., move-in date)
  • Phone number for new service location

New Construction:  

Building a new home? Making renovations to your existing home? We can help. Speak to a Customer Service Representative for assistance. Have your builder or contractor use the Contractor Service Location Request form to request the new service.

Change Existing Electrical Service

Need to replace, increase, remove or create a new electrical service? If you are a contractor/owner, please complete a  Contractor Service Location Request form.

Node: liferay-0:8080