Process Reengineering for Increased Manufacturing Efficiency
A Service for Industrial Manufacturers
This program in one of several innovative solutions offered by the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund, an Energize CT partner, and administered by UI.
Efficient Manufacturing Doesn’t End With the Equipment.
Manufacturers looking for a competitive edge need to take a systematic approach to evaluating and identifying inefficiencies and waste in their operations. The PRIME program provides businesses with training in “lean manufacturing” techniques in order to streamline product flow, eliminate or reduce waste, improve production efficiency, minimize environmental impact, and reduce electrical energy consumption. Traditionally, manufacturers operate on a “push” basis – accumulating excess inventory and scrambling to find customers and push the product out. Lean manufacturing techniques promote a “pull” approach – producing to the customer’s immediate needs. This approach reduces costs and ultimately is better for customers. Access to this type of specialized training is often limited to very large businesses that have the foresight and resources to invest in the training. Now, with support from the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund, you have the technical and financial assistance to learn these techniques, apply them to your business, and determine your energy future.
- Industrial customers of UI with a SIC code 2000 through 3999 or comparable NAICS code.
- Must be prequalified by a no-cost survey preformed by a company authorized by UI’s PRIME program administrator.
How Does the Program Work?
- UI has contracted with several companies to provide this service. Call your Account Executive or 1-877-WISE-USE for a list of participating contractors.
- Once you have selected a company from the authorized list, you can schedule a no-cost survey with them. This survey will examine your entire manufacturing process and determine if there are opportunities to save energy and optimize your processes.
- If the survey reveals opportunities that will lead to verifiable energy-use reductions, then your company will be eligible for funding through the PRIME program. The extent of the funding available to offset the cost of the lean manufacturing training is determined by the estimated kilowatt-hour savings.
The financial incentives will help get you on the right track. The energy-saving benefits will continue on, year after year.
For more information call your Account Executive or 1-877-WISE-USE (1-877-947-3873).
Click here for the PRIME Program Information Sheet (pdf).
|Stay connected to Energize CT: