UI Preparing for Storm, Warns of Possible Outages
Customers advised to be ready as region braces for rain and wind
ORANGE, Conn. — November 30, 2020 (10 a.m. EDT) — United Illuminating, has mobilized crews and contractors and is ready to respond to any outages resulting from the severe weather predicted for later today.
Forecasters predict rain and strong winds to cross through the region this afternoon and evening. Potentially damaging gusts could bring trees and limbs onto power lines, causing customers to lose service.
UI has been monitoring forecasts and planning accordingly, readying its lineworkers and tree crews and securing additional contractors to work day and night to restore power if it is lost.
Customers are advised to be prepared for the possibility of power outages, which in some cases could last a day or longer. UI offers the following tips to help customers prepare and stay safe.
Before a Storm:
- Sign up for Outage Alerts. Text “REG” to 839-884 (TEXT-UI) to receive free text alerts if you lose service, and for restoration updates. Or, visit uinet.com for additional alert options.
- Keep long-lasting LED flashlights and lanterns on hand, along with a battery-operated radio, fresh batteries, drinking water, non-perishable foods and prescription medications.
- Fully charge mobile devices and store emergency contacts in memory.
- Fuel your vehicles and fill fuel tanks for generators.
Medical and Life Support Customers:
- Customers who rely on life-saving medical equipment should have a plan in case of a sudden or extended loss of service. UI medical and life-support customers should register in advance to ensure the company is aware of their needs. Call UI at 800.722.5584 (800.7.CALL.UI).
- Do not use a generator that plugs into your home’s electrical system unless it was installed by a licensed electrician via a transfer switch. Improperly connected generators can back-feed electricity into the outside grid and pose a danger to the public and to crews working to restore service.
- Carefully read and observe the instructions in your generator’s operating manual.
- Properly ground all portable generators.
- Never run a generator indoors, in an open garage, or near a window.
- Do not store fuel indoors or try to refuel a generator while it’s running.
Report an Outage:
- To report an outage, visit uinet.com or call 800.722.5584 (800.7.CALL.UI).
- Customers can also report outages using the company’s new Mobile App, available from the Apple Store and Google Play.
- Report outages via UI’s mobile alerts system: text “OUT” to 839-884 (TEXT-UI). Registration is required.