1. Main Activities During Reporting Period
- Work with CT DEEP and EPA on comments for PCB Remedial Action Plan(s)
- Work with CT DEEP on comments on Scope of Study for English Station Interior – Boiler 1-12 Area and Boilers 13-14 Area (Hazardous Building Materials)
- Provide a response to CT DEEP comments on Scope of Study for English Station Interior – High Pressure Boilers 13/14(Environmental Media)
- TRC continued to sample environmental media with Boilers 13-14
- TRC continued sampling of media within intake and discharge cooling tunnel in Boilers 1-12 and Boilers 13-14
- TRC continued to perform sampling of environmental media within the Eastern Portion of English Station Boilers 1-12.
- TRC developed draft report on Western Portion of English Station Investigation
- Soil Remediation and Station B Demo kick-off meeting conducted and milestone and submittal schedule developed
- Develop CT DPH Asbestos Abatement Notification Form and Alternative Work Practice document(s)
- Work with external legal on developing a resolution to the interpretation of PCO condition B.1.e.4
- Develop tables and figures for all COCs except PCBs at the request of CT DEEP for impacts from zero to four feet below grade site wide.
- Attended City of New Haven City Plan Commission monthly meeting on February 20, 2019 for Application for Development & Floodplain Development Application
- Develop public outreach documents and English Station information package for upcoming public information session
- Weston & Sampson compiled results from quarterly groundwater sampling
- Developed remedial alternatives analysis for Phase I Soil Remediation and Station B Demo
- TRC performed bi-weekly inspections of the Significant Environmental Hazard (SEH) areas and prepare inspection reports.
- Management of State and Federal regulated waste during site activities.
- Update of Project Public Website.
2. Upcoming Activities
- Continue to sample environmental media and hazardous building materials inside of English Station as necessary
- Submit CT DPH Asbestos Abatement Notification Form and Alternate Work Practice for the abatement of Station B
- Perform abatement of Station B
- Conduct public information session on March 11, 2019
- Work with EPA and CT DEEP on Remedial Action Plans for the PCB remediation on Parcels A and B.
- Attend City Plan Commission meeting on March 20, 2019
- Work through any comments from CT DEEP on General Permit registrations and accompanying plans (i.e., Stormwater Pollution Control Plan).
- Work with CT DEEP on any comments for the Scope of Study for English Station Eastern Interior Boilers 1 through 12 and High Pressure Boilers 13 & 14 on hazardous building materials.
- Finalize investigation report for Western Portion environmental media and hazardous building materials results
- Continue to develop investigation report representing Eastern Portion of English Station Interior Boiler 1 through 12 environmental media only
- Continue to develop investigation report representing English Station Interior Boiler 13/14 environmental media only
- Begin to consolidate data and develop site-wide groundwater remedy.
- Evaluate off-site sources for suitable soil borrows for fill needed to implement remedial actions at the site.