1. Main Activities During Reporting Period
- Submitted memo to CT DEEP on the summary of activities associated with Situation 1 & 2 related to Station B ancillary work.
- Provided CT DEEP with a transmittal letter regarding the change in delegation of authority by The United Illuminating Company’s ultimate signatory.
- Submitted to CT DEEP, UI’s response to comments on the English Station Interior Environmental Media Investigation- Interim Results: First Floor and Interstitial Fill Areas Memo.
- Submitted to CT DEEP, UI’s Scope of Study Situation #3 Supplemental to the CTDEEP-approved Scope of Study, dated July 2017.
- Submitted to CTDEEP UI’s comments on the Scope of Study Western Portion of English Station Interior (Partial) & Western Portion of English Station Interior (Partial) Investigation Report.
- Continue developing UI’s response to comments on the Scope of Study First Floor of English Station – Interstitial Fill Material (Partial).
- Met with CT DEEP to discuss Project schedule and status of Project submittals.
- Continue to develop and refine cost estimates for Main Power Plant scope.
- Perform weekly and as necessary rain event inspections of erosion and sediment controls along with the as needed maintenance of these controls at the Site for Phase I activities.
- Completed the Station B demo activities.
- Management of State regulated waste streams.
- Performed final walk-through with TRC and onsite demo and remediation contractor of the Station B work performed to develop an action item list in order to fully close-out activities associated with the demo of Station B.
- TRC performed bi-weekly inspections of the Significant Environmental Hazard (SEH) areas and submitted inspection reports to UI.
- Update of Project Website.
- Update of Project Schedule.
- Performed weekly safety audit(s).
2. Upcoming Activities
- Close out all ancillary activities and action items associated with the demo of Station B activities.
- Finalize the Contractor Work Plan and associated administrative documents pursuant to EPA’s requirements under the Parcel A PCB RAP approval letter.
- Work with EPA and CT DEEP on the authorization of the PCB Remedial Action Plan for Parcel B.
- Work with CT DEEP on the authorization of the Soil Remedial Action Plan and Parcel A PCB RAP.
- Commence certain Phase I PCB and other COC soil remediation activities covered in the Phase I Remedial Action Plans.
- Evaluate off-site sources for suitable soil/clean fill to be used as cover material for site-wide restoration.
- Work with CT DEEP on any follow-up comments for the Scope of Study for English Station Eastern Interior Boilers 1 through 12 and High Pressure Boilers 13 & 14 (hazardous building materials).
- Develop memo for the submittal to DEEP summarizing activities performed to date on Situation #4 related to the oil depression sump in Station B.
- Develop summary document for the Project files on all activities associated with the demo of Station B.
- Begin developing schedule for upcoming quarterly groundwater monitoring and sampling event(s).
- Work with CT DEEP on Project schedule and scope.
- Continue to refine Project estimates for Main Power Plant.