1. Main Activities During Reporting Period
- Develop supplemental sampling plan for English Station Western Side based on CTDEEPâ€™s responses for Western Side Scope of Study and Investigation Report RTCs.
- Develop a revised English Station First Floor & Interstitial Fill Scope of Study based on comments received from CTDEEP.
- Develop response to CTDEEP comments on English Station Boiler 13/14 (environmental media only) Scope of Study
- Continue to correspond with CTDEEP & EPA on Parcel B remedial approach.
- Work with contractor and LEP to address the CTDEEP approved solution for NOVWSPCB 19-002 violation #3, dated June 11, 2020 related to stormwater.
- Submit summary report on Situation #3 Station B South Cooling Water Discharge Tunnel.
- Finalize for submittal March 2020 Groundwater Summary Report.
- Finalize for submittal Parcel A PCB RAP Modification based on Station B Cooling Water Discharge Tunnel
- Based on additional comments by CTDEEP, performing revisions to the Phase I Plans and Specifications related to the approved RAPs.
- Continue to work with the Property Owner(s) of Parcel A & B (and as necessary, the developer) in order to obtain signatures/acceptance on the current approved RAPs pursuant to requirements in the CTDEEP and EPA approval letters.
- Continue developing Contractor Work Plan and ancillary documents associated with the Parcel A PCB Remedial Action Plan.
- UI/AVANGRID meeting(s) with Property Developer to discuss future development plans and how it corresponds with UI's current PCO obligations and remedial plans.
- Continue to refine overall Project schedule and cost estimate(s) associated Main Power Plant scope.
- Finalize award with AVANGRID Procurement to identify a contractor for the soil remediation activities on Phase I.
- Conduct another round of groundwater sampling on monitoring wells network.
- Perform required stormwater inspections of the site erosion and sediment controls for the Phase I activities approved under CT DEEP permit number GSN003422.
- TRC performed bi-weekly inspections of the Significant Environmental Hazard (SEH) areas and submitted inspection reports to UI.
- Updated of Project Website.
2. Upcoming Activities
- Work with EPA and CT DEEP on the authorization of the Phase I - Parcel B PCB RAP.
- Commence certain Phase I PCB and other COC soil remediation activities covered in the Phase I RAPs, such as:
- Evaluate off-site sources for suitable soil/clean fill to be used as cover material for site-wide restoration.
- Sample debris piles.
- Submit Parcel A PCB RAP Modification.
- Finalize the Contractor Work Plan and ancillary documents associated with EPAâ€™s requirements under the Parcel A PCB RAP approval letter.
- Follow-up meeting with CTDEEP, CTAGO, City of New Haven, Property Developer and Owner to discuss Project.
- Perform supplemental environmental media sampling efforts inside of English Station (Western Side, Boiler 1-12, Boiler 13/14 & Interstitial Fill Area(s)).
- Work with CT DEEP on any follow-up comments for the Scope of Study for English Station Eastern Interior Boilers 1 through 12 and High Pressure Boilers 13 & 14 (hazardous building materials).
- Work with CT DEEP on Project schedule and scope.
- Continue to refine Project estimates for Main Power Plant.