1. Main Activities During Reporting Period
- Developing answers to questions during Public Information Session.
- Finalized summary report/memo outlining activities associated with the removal of five transformers in English Station.
- Based on additional comments from CT DEEP and EPA re-submitted revised Parcel A PCB RAP narrative, figures, and tables on December 6, 2019.
- Developed and submitted to CT DEEP a memo outlining technical approach for Phase I soil remediation work below groundwater outside of capabilities under Widespread Polluted Fill Variance (approved by CT DEEP on March 27, 2003) have been addressed in the (non-PCB) Soil Remedial Action Plan.
- Continue to work with technical team on outlining any data gaps for English Station - Interior Environmental Media Investigation Interim Results – First Floor and Interstitial Fill Areas related to environmental only.
- Continue to perform review and outline any data gap analysis of Eastern Portion of English Station (PARTIAL) High Pressure Boilers 13-14 Investigation Report (environmental media).
- Continue to perform review and outline any data gaps on Eastern Portion of English Station (PARTIAL) Boiler Area 1-12 and Boiler Area 13/14 Investigation Report (hazardous building materials).
- Begin to develop answers and comments to CT DEEP response on Scope of Study & Investigation Report for Eastern Portion of English Station Boiler 1-12 Area (environmental media).
- Continue to develop and refine cost estimates for Main Power Plant scope.
- Perform weekly and as necessary rain event inspections of erosion and sediment controls along with the as needed maintenance of these controls at the Site for Phase I activities.
- Continue demo of Station B.
- Installed permanent fence on property and removed all traffic control measures along Grand Ave.
- Management of State regulated waste streams.
- TRC performed bi-weekly inspections of the Significant Environmental Hazard (SEH) areas and prepare inspection reports.
- Update of Project Website.
- Updated of Project Schedule.
- Performed weekly safety audit(s).
2. Upcoming Activities
- Complete the demo and management of regulated waste generated from Station B activities.
- Work with EPA and CT DEEP on the authorization of the PCB Remedial Action Plans for Parcels A and Parcel B.
- Work with CT DEEP on the authorization of the Soil Remedial Action Plan.
- Commence the Phase I PCB and other COC soil remediation activities covered in the Phase I Remedial Action Plans.
- Evaluate off-site sources for suitable soil/clean fill to be used as cover material for site-wide restoration.
- Work with CT DEEP on any comments related to Investigation Report and Scope of Study for Sub-Surface Area(s) beneath Main Power Plant - First Floor and Interstitial Fill Areas.
- Work with CT DEEP on any follow-up comments for the Scope of Study for English Station Eastern Interior Boilers 1 through 12 and High Pressure Boilers 13 & 14 (hazardous building materials).
- Provide a response to CT DEEP on comments for the English Station Eastern Interior Boilers 1 through 12 Investigation Report (environmental media).
- Provide a response to CT DEEP on comments for English Station Western Portion Investigation Report Volume 1 and 2 (environmental media and hazardous building materials).
- Work with CT DEEP on any comments for English Station Groundwater Monitoring Report.