1. Main Activities During Reporting Period
- Per CT DEEP and EPA comments revised and submitted the English Station Transformer Removal Plan for the transformers located in Boiler 13 and Boiler 14
- Worked with and provided CT DEEP additional information on the revised English Station Soil Remedial Action Plan
- Finalized and submitted a response to CT DEEP comments on Scope of Study English Station – Auxiliary Buildings
- Provided CT DEEP the Scope of Study for sub-surface area(s) beneath English Station Interior Environmental Media - First Floor and Interstitial Fill Areas
- Continue to work with technical team on outlining any data gaps for English Station - Interior Environmental Media Investigation Interim Results – First Floor and Interstitial Fill Areas related to environmental only
- Continue to perform review and outline any data gap analysis of Eastern Portion of English Station (PARTIAL) High Pressure Boilers 13-14 Investigation Report (environmental media)
- Continue to perform review and outline any data gaps on Eastern Portion of English Station (PARTIAL) Boiler Area 1-12 and Boiler Area 13/14 Investigation Report (hazardous building materials).
- Continue to finalize documents and presentation for upcoming November 19, 2019 English Station Public Information Session.
- Continue to develop and refine cost estimates for Main Power Plant scope.
- Perform weekly and as necessary rain event inspections of erosion and sediment controls along with the as needed maintenance of these controls at the Site for Phase I activities.
- Continue demo of Station B.
- Completed removal of two transformers in Boiler 13 and three transformers in Boiler 14. Manage associated wastes pursuant Transformer Work Plan.
- Management of State regulated waste streams.
- TRC performed bi-weekly inspections of the Significant Environmental Hazard (SEH) areas and prepare inspection reports.
- Update of Project Website.
- Updated of Project Schedule.
- Performed weekly safety audits.
2. Upcoming Activities
- Complete the demo and management of regulated waste generated from Station B activities.
- Installation of site security fence along Grand Ave in previous location of north wall of Station B.
- Removal of Traffic Control Plan layout/measures.
- Work with EPA and CT DEEP on the authorization of the PCB Remedial Action Plans for Parcels A and Parcel B.
- Work with CT DEEP on the authorization of the Soil Remedial Action Plan.
- Commence the Phase I PCB and other COC soil remediation activities covered in the Phase I Remedial Action Plans.
- Evaluate off-site sources for suitable soil/clean fill to be used as cover material for site-wide restoration.
- Work with CT DEEP on any comments related to Investigation Report and Scope of Study for Sub-Surface Area(s) beneath Main Power Plant - First Floor and Interstitial Fill Areas.
- Work with CT DEEP on any follow-up comments for the Scope of Study for English Station - Auxiliary Buildings.
- Work with CT DEEP on any follow-up comments for the Scope of Study for English Station Eastern Interior Boilers 1 through 12 and High Pressure Boilers 13 & 14 on hazardous building materials.
- Work with CT DEEP on any comments for the English Station Eastern Interior Boilers 1 through 12 Investigation Report (environmental media).
- Work with CT DEEP on any comments for English Station Western Portion Investigation Report Volume 1 and 2 (environmental media and hazardous building materials).
- Work with CT DEEP on any comments for English Station Groundwater Monitoring Report.