Requests For Funding
Priority Funding Areas
UI Focuses on:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math programs)
- Financial Literacy
- Basic Needs
UI does not fund organizations which discriminate based upon age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, family status, or sexual orientation.
We do not fund organizations not exempt under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
We do not fund individuals. We do not make multi-year funding commitments.
In general, UI does not fund:
- Fundraising activities involving individual sponsorships, including walks, races, relays, a-thons, etc.
- Organizations located outside the cities and towns served by Berkshire Gas, Connecticut Natural Gas, Southern Connecticut Gas and United Illuminating
- Political causes, candidate organizations or campaigns
- Religious Groups
- Travel or transportation costs
- Operating deficits
- Medical Research
- Capital Campaigns
- Community Fairs
Organizations that meet AVANGRID's corporate contribution guidelines should request funding using the application form. We will review every proposal and notify you of our decision within three weeks. We will generally ask to meet with you at your site to discuss new requests.
Please complete the application and e-mail the form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you may send the application by U.S. Mail to: UI/AVANGRID, Economic & Community Development, 60 Marsh Hill Rd., 2nd Floor, Orange, CT 06477
If you have questions regarding funding or the application process, please contact us at 203.499.5953 or via email to email@example.com