Outdoor LED Lighting
We strive to bring our customers the best and latest technologies in lighting solutions.
Outdoor LED lighting technology provides better lighting, is more energy efficient, and reduces monthly costs compared to older high-pressure sodium and metal halide lighting technologies. That’s why we are upgrading our private area lighting customers to more energy efficient LED technologies.
Using energy-efficient LED light bulbs which produce the equivalent light output as the current bulb(s) being replaced, ensures the same light output and provides our private area lighting customers with cost savings, and more!
Outdoor LED Lighting Benefits
- Efficient: LEDs are highly energy efficient and will cost you less to use.
- Low Cost: Because LEDs are energy efficient they cost less to run than high-pressure sodium and metal halides, while providing for an equivalent light output.
- Low maintenance: With an extended life compared to your current bulbs, LEDs do not need to be replaced as often, and you should not need to call in for a repair as often.
- High quality: LEDs provide higher quality lighting which will enable you to see colors more accurately, helping to improve your property's safety and security.
- Easy on the environment: Because LEDs are more energy efficient, they will lower your carbon emissions.
For more information read our Frequently Asked Questions below or contact UI’s Outdoor Lighting team at 203.499.2290 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outdoor LED Lighting FAQs
UI is converting all private area lighting customers to LED. This technology provides better lighting, it’s more energy efficient and reduces monthly costs for customers with private area lighting.
UI will be converting private area lights to LED lighting beginning in February 2020. The conversions will take place throughout 2020 and into 2021. We can’t give an exact date for your area due to several factors that affect how long it takes crews to complete each town. Letters will be sent out 60 days and again at 30 days ahead of the date the conversion is taking place.
No. UI is converting all private area lighting to LED. This technology provides better lighting, it’s more energy efficient and reduces monthly costs for customers.
If you would like to discuss other LED options, please contact UI’s outdoor lighting department:
Yes, please contact UI’s outdoor lighting department and they will review options with you which may include repositioning and/or installation of shielding.
Please contact UI’s outdoor lighting department to review your options at:
UI is providing lighting comparable to the color temperature of existing private area lights; UI is converting high pressure sodium lights to 3000 Kelvin LED’s. Metal halide lights are being converted to 4000 Kelvin LED’s.
Customers who currently have LED lighting for private area lights will see no changes to their existing lights. Customers with high pressure sodium or metal halide private area lights will be converted between 2020 and 2021. Notification letters will be sent out 60 days and 30 days ahead of your conversion.
Yes, you may need to sign a new lighting service agreement. Contact UI’s outdoor lighting department to review your options at: