Renewable Energy Solutions
We are committed to supporting distributed generation projects within our service area. Distributed Generation allows customers to produce clean energy and sell that energy back to UI to use throughout our electric grid. This contributes to a cleaner and healthier environment for our entire community. Whether you are a customer considering distributed generation or you are an experienced contractor, we can help you learn more about distributed generation and guide you through the application process.
What is Distributed Generation?
Distributed Generation, also known as Distributed Energy Resources (DER), involves a generator interconnected to the Electric Distribution System located on either the customer-side or grid-side of the electric meter. The generator produces energy from a variety of sources including but not limited to photovoltaic arrays (solar panels), wind turbines, co-generation units and micro turbines.
If you applied for interconnection before January 1, 2022, you are participating in the former Net Metering Program.
If you are applying for interconnection of a solar PV project on or after January 1, 2022, you are applying to participate in Connecticut Renewable Energy Solutions.
What is Connecticut Renewable Energy Solutions?
Renewable Energy Solutions provides a Tariff, or “incentive rate”, to compensate residential and commercial customers for the power produced from their distributed generation systems. Customers can apply for one of two incentive rate structures - Buy All or Netting - along with their interconnection application. Additional information on the incentive rate structures is found here.
An application for a proposed DER interconnection and incentive rate can be submitted via our online portal. In order to do so, you will need to create a secure login ID and password. Once you have submitted an application, you can also view updated project status online through the portal. Click below to apply today!!
Would you like to generate your own electricity?
Whether this is your first project, or you are a seasoned professional, we can help you get connected!
We've included the information needed to set up either a small or large DER project at your home or business location.
Tools to assess options for your residential or commercial solar project
Renewable Energy Solutions and Interconnection Fees
Renewable Energy Solutions Tariff Application Fees:
- ≤25 kW Res. Renewable Energy Solutions Application Fee - $129
- >25 kW Bus. Renewable Energy Solutions Bid Fee - $300
- Tariff Payment Beneficiary Revision - $22
Distributed Generation Interconnection Fees:
- New 25 kW or less Application - $200.00
- Upgrade to Fast Track Application from 25 kW - $300.00
- New Fast Track Application - $500.00
- New Fast Track Application (2+ MW) - $1000.00
- Additional Site Visit - $150.00
Monthly Netting or Buy-All Metering Equipment:
- REC Meter Fee 120/240 V single phase. Form 2S - $181.00
- REC Meter Fee 120/208 V single phase. Form 25S - $274.00
- REC Meter for Commercial and Industrial projects - TBD
Residential Renewable Energy Solution Forms
Forms required for all applications:
- Customer Disclosure Form - Direct Ownership
- Customer Disclosure Form – Lease/PPA
- REC Assignment Form
- 1-4 Family Documentation
- Alternative Energy Assessment Documentation
- Installer-Customer Contract
Forms required for direct payments to Tariff Payment Beneficiaries for both residential and non-residential programs:
- Tariff Payment Beneficiary Form
- Tariff Payment Beneficiary Revision Form
- Avangrid Vendor Set-Up Form
- Avangrid Business Classification Form
- Avangrid ACH Authorization Form or Wire Authorization Form
- Voided Check or Bank information on Bank or Company letterhead
Residential Renewable Energy Solutions Contact: